What are cookies?
A cookie is any type of data storage and retrieval device that is used on a user's terminal equipment for the purpose of storing information and retrieving information already stored.
Types of Cookies
Below, cookies are classified according to a series of categories. However, it should be noted that the same cookie may be included in more than one category.
Types of cookies according to the entity that manages them
- Own cookies: these are those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are cookies that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
Types of cookies according to their purpose
- Technical cookies: Are those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to enable the management and operation of the platform and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, make the buying process of an order, manage payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing licenses for the software with which the service (website, platform or application) operates, use security features during browsing, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image) or share content through social networks.
- Preference or personalisation cookies: these are cookies that allow information to be remembered so that the user can access the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these are cookies that allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the platform to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impact of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the website, application or platform in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by users of the service.
- Marketing cookies: these are cookies that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
Types of cookies depending on the length of time they remain active
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website or platform. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies in which the data remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a defined period of time by the party responsible for the cookie.
Cookies used by Vimbu
This platform uses session and persistent, technical and analytical cookies. The cookies used have, in any case, the purpose of making browsing more efficient. In no case do these cookies themselves provide personal data and they are not used to collect them. In any case, you can make any changes to the configuration of the cookies used, through the "Cookies panel".
We also inform you that you can block or disable cookies through your browser settings and our control panel. If you block or disable them, you will still be able to use our Platform, although the use of some of the services may be limited and therefore your experience on our Platform less satisfactory.
Publication date: 30 November 2021